Colletts Mountain Holidays
Dolomites – Pyrenees - Picos
Weekly wage + food, accommodation, insurance & travel expenses
Early to Mid May onwards every summer
Colletts requires experienced walkers and language speakers to lead walks in the Dolomites, Pyrynees and Picos in Summer!
Resort Linguist (for more details of the Walk Organiser side of the job please see the Walk Organiser Job Description on this website)
As well as the duties of the Walk Organiser (see below) we need a handful of our team to be able to speak the local language, Italian or German in the Dolomites, Spanish in the Pyrenees and Picos de Europa. The role of the Resort Linguist is pivotal to the success of the smooth running of our resort and a friendly and efficient personality is essential. Essentially it requires you to take on tasks based around your ability to communicate in the local language, communicating with our local landlords and suppliers, helping to maintain the excellent relationships we have with the locals in each of our resort villages. It would also involve the following and much more: welcoming, registering and settling in new arrivals; accompanying guests to the doctors or hospital to help translate for them; booking local activities restaurants, Rifugios or hotels for our guests etc., etc.,
You would still have a similar split between Domestic and Outdoor days (see below) but in the Dolomites some of your time on Domestic days might be spent helping the Resort Manager with various office tasks, instead of the usual morning chores.
The Walk Organiser role is not an outdoor job in the traditional sense. It is a hospitality job with a great outdoor element. Along with our Chalet Host/Chef couples, the Walk Organiser’s main commitment is to looking after our guests in the chalets and all of the behind the scenes chores (except the cooking) which go into the smooth running of the chalets on a day to day basis.
As a Walk Organiser you would spend roughly half of your time on Outdoor Days, when you accompany guests on our 'Organised Walks', and the other half being spent on Domestic Days.
For more details please read the Walk Organiser job description on this website.
- All of our guests are English speaking so it is of course essential that you are a native English speaker, or fluent in English.
- Plenty of experience of walking in the mountains and navigating using a map in mountainous or wilderness areas, even it has just been as a hobby and not leading groups etc..
- If you can navigate in the British hills you should be capable of navigating in the areas in which we are based.
- You need to be relatively fit and confident in high level mountain terrain and happy to accompany groups of guests on any grade of walk, whilst enjoying the day yourself.
- Full Driving Licence held for at least one year. Accompanied of course by plenty of driving experience and safe and sound driving skills. N.B. Whilst we need most of our team to be able to drive we can afford to take on one or two non drivers so please feel free to apply.