Jobs by Email
Leisure Jobs Search
View jobs >>
Jobs By Email Signup
Register today >>
View courses >>
Watch videos >>
UK Expedition Leader
Competitive salary + food + accommodation + training + career progression
Year round opportunities
Various expedition lengths
Join Outlook Expeditions as an International Expedition Leader!
The Expedition Leader has the highest duty of care during the expedition period for all technical matters that concern the health and safety of the group. Their greater level of skills, qualifications and previous experience in an overseas expedition environment gives them a higher level of technical competence during the expedition period and thereby a higher duty of care.
The Expedition Leader is a self-employed person contracted to Outlook for the duration of the period that they are working with an Outlook expedition group.
The role of the Expedition Leader is to oversee all decisions made by the group that affect the health and safety of the group. The Expedition Leader aims to advise the group on courses of action where risks are minimised and benefits to the development of the group are maximised. Any decisions that affect the group will emanate only after consultation between all members of the Leader Team.
What can we offer you?
* Exciting destinations
* Competitive rates of pay
* Continuing professional development
* Rewarding developmental work
* All expenses paid travel
* Comprehensive back-up and support.
* Experience of independent travel in "developing world" countries.
* Drive, enthusiasm, determination and adaptability.
* Experience working with youth groups in the outdoor environment.
* The minimum level qualification required to lead a CC/OE Expedition is (MLTUK) Mountain Leader Summer (Assessed) and an Expedition First Aid qualification.
Click below for similar jobs
Search for similar jobs >>
Send this vacancy to a friend >>
Register for job alerts >>
Terms & Conditions
Jobs In Sport
Jobs by Location
Health Club Jobs
Health Club Manager
Jobs by Category
Leisure Job Profiles
Leisure Jobs eBulletin
Copyright ©2006 - 2015 | 247 Media Ltd. All rights reserved | Official jobs site for Careers In Sport + Leisure 2011