OCS Group UK Ltd - The Kia Oval
London, The Kia Oval
£££ Competitive & Training
Ongoing requirements through the summer
Take advantage of this great opportunity to work at The Kia Oval this summer!
We are currently seeking experienced Stewarding Supervisors to join our team for this events season.
The Stewarding Supervisor will lead all stewarding and security duties as required of your team by your line manager. You will perform these duties in a professional manner and strive to exceed expectations. You will need to fully understand all emergency procedures and lead your team in managing any evacuation of the venue under direction of your manager. You will be responsible for a team of operatives and possibly team leaders and will be given responsibility for either a specific area or work function.
- To build and understand relationships with key stakeholders at the venue to deliver a better service to them. Communicate effectively at all times; acting as a communication link between the venue and stakeholders.
- To provide information and assistance to members of the public and staff arriving for a fixture held at the Kia Oval.
- To have a high profile and have sufficient knowledge to answer general questions that may be asked by persons attending any fixture at the Kia Oval.
- To maintain a high standard of discipline and appearance for yourself and your team.
- To ensure that your team has all the equipment necessary to carry out the tasks required. Brief your team in duties and ensure they understand the tasks at hand.
- Ticket checks on those people entering their area of responsibility to ensure that the guest is entitled to enter that area, area capacities are adhered to and prevent stadium bowl migration.
- To assist with the evacuation of the venue and direct guests to the relevant holding areas.
- To develop an excellent knowledge of the site to enable efficient working practices.
- Respond appropriately to incidents or customer issues on site where your team member/s feel that the issue needs to be escalated.
All staff must either have completed a minimum NVQ3 in Spectator Safety, or be prepared to undertake 30 hours of training to gain this qualification.
An SIA Door Supervisor License is required. Please indicate on your application which (if any) qualifications you have earned.
The requirements of this position include:
Those employed in this position will:
- Taking instruction from management.
- Good communication skills.
- Working as part of a team.
- Being punctual and presentable.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Availability to work all Domestic Twenty 20 fixtures in June and July, plus International matches on 19th June, 1st July, 19th-23rd July and 31st August.
- Completion of NVQ3 in Spectator Safety
- SIA Door Supervisor License is required
- Maintain the highest standard of personal presentation.
- Be enthusiastic and encouraging.
- Work well under pressure.
- Work hard and effectively.