Salary $10-20 per hour + Benefits
Up to 12 Months
Want to work and ski in Canada this winter, Smaller Earth are now recruiting! Guaranteed Job before you leave the UK!
You don’t break the laws of nature in this role, you just bend them a little. You bring winter to the mountain a little early. You’re no stranger to physical labour and you’re one of the people who get to see the Northern lights at their best!
You will be accountable for carrying out assignments from the Lead hand on the mountain. This includes making quality snow in the highest volumes possible, knowing and understanding the snowmaking system, both operations and maintenance, operating and maintaining department equipment and tools.
- Responsible for lead hand's instructions to construct and maintain on a regular basis the nightly priorities as assigned by management
- Perform all tasks involved with snowmaking in a safe, conscientious and production-minded manner
- Perform minor maintenance on department equipment and components in a safe and timely manner
- Accountable for an understanding of how, in theory, the snowmaking system works. How components interface, etc.
- Perform operation of all equipment, snow guns, snowmobiles and all system components in a safe and responsible manner
- Moving snowmaking equipment on mountain
- Starting up and shutting down on mountain snowmaking guns
- Through training understand the constant need for safety while performing this job
- Be able to work shift work as required
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Snowmaking experience preferred
- Able to perform in severe and inclement conditions for sustained periods of time.
Apply Now for the 2013/ 14 Season Spaces Are Limited