Based French Alps (UK Head Office)
Up to £24k basic + bonus / accommodation / car / expenses
Immediate starter required (URGENT)
The position will be based in the 3 Valleys, France where our client operates their own 3 star club hotel, but will involve regular travel to numerous resorts including Morzine where they have a club chalet operation as well as, Italy and Switzerland.
As a key member of their close-knit team you will be responsible for the smooth running of our winter operation and their guest’s safety and satisfaction when in resort. During the summer months you will be managing their club chalet operation in Morzine and in planning our future operations.
In brief, responsibilities during winter months will include ensuring their operation remains profitable and within spending budget; the training, motivation and management of around 25 in-resort staff; auditing and liaising with over 30 hotels in Europe; maintaining strong relationships with all their foreign suppliers; coordinating weekly transfers; collating and approving the various resort and hotel accounts each week for submission to the UK office.
* You will have previous multi-resort management experience in the ski industry.
* You will have experience of managing teams remotely and in a hands-on manner.
* You will have a good understanding of the running of a hotel and bar.
* You will be driven and highly self motivated with the stamina to lead throughout the season and enjoy a high level of autonomy.
* You will be confident and flexible, a good listener and leader and able to think clearly and rationally in a crisis.
* You will be an excellent time manager and be able to prioritise quickly and rationally during periods of stress.
* You will understand that certain periods will require extraordinary working hours and commitment to achieve company goals.
* You will ensure that our high company standards are maintained at all times and that all procedures and code of practice adhered to.
* Conversational French is essential.