Super Camps Raw Adventure
Various Locations Across the UK
£385 - £425 per week
During School Holidays
The RAW Leader will be responsible for leading group of up to 12 children through the RAW programme, looking after their safety and enjoyment at all times. They will facilitate a variety of different outdoor activities, including team building, pioneering, survival techniques and adventure games. Actual working weeks may vary so flexibility is required.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Lead groups of children through the RAW programme, ensuring maximum safety and personal development for each child
- Ensure the RAW program is being carried out in accordance with the aims and ethos, and procedures detailed in training
- Take a pro-active role in the meeting and greeting of parents at the start and end of the day
- Lead RAW style activities during Super Camps morning and evening sign-in/out time
- Ensure that every aspect of camp is engaging, and adds to the team-based, outdoors atmosphere of camp, including set up and pack down
- Undertake other duties to improve the productivity of the camp, as directed by your RAW Adventure Manager and Site Manager, including kit management, cleaning, and camp logistics
- Step up to fulfill the role of the RAW Adventure Camp Manager if required
£260 per week for 18 to 21 year olds rising to £310 per week for 22 year olds and over.
Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5.30 (starting from 7.30am on set up days)
School summer holidays. Part seasons considered
On appointment all staff will be expected to complete a CRB disclosure and supply us with references
- Previous experience in facilitating outdoor education programmes for children
- Experience in teaching environmental /survival skills/craft programmes
- Qualifications/experience in the outdoors e.g. Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme, outdoor NGB qualifications, Scouting/Guiding, experience in hiking, climbing, canoeing etc.
- 12 hr First Aid Qualification
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a passion for the outdoors.
- Keen interest in working with children
- Flexible, team player, willing to take on various tasks as required and improvise if necessary.
- Pro-active attitude with good use of initiative
Selection and Appointment Process:
If your online application form is short listed you will be contacted by the Super Camps HR team w<