Venues across East Anglia
Are you interested in gaining experience within the UK’s number one company for childcare during the school holidays? Do you have what it takes to deliver a range of sports activities to children of all ages?
If you would like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to your Camp Manager, a Sports Instructor will be assigned to lead a group of children through a range of different activities, focusing heavily on sports. Sports Instructors will be required to adapt their skills and experiences to working with children of a variety of ages, backgrounds and abilities whilst catering for their individual needs.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure the children in your care have a fun & stimulating time in a safe environment
- Plan and deliver a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered through active supervision and care throughout the day including breaks and lunch times
- Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources through adhoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
Days: Monday – Friday during school holidays (part seasons considered).
Hours: 8am – 5.30pm / 8.30am – 6pm dependent on shift with a half hour unpaid lunch break
Selection & Appointment Process: Short listed candidates will be invited to a telephone interview and if selected will be required to complete the Super Camps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and DBS Status.
It is essential that candidates:
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Are highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment
- Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry and are capable of leading a group of children
- Are highly organised with superb communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
- Have experience and interest in coaching sports
- Are able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Are qualified or studying towards a relevant teaching or sports coaching qualification
- Hold a 12 hr paediatric first aid qualification
- Hold a previous DBS check which is registered on the DBS Update Service
- Have knowledge and previous training in safeguarding and child protection
- Have experience working within a camp environment or similar