During School Holidays - Half Terms, Easter, Summer and Christmas
Are you interested in gaining experience within the UK’s number one company for childcare during the school holidays? Are you a qualified lifeguard with experience on poolside? Do you have what it takes to deliver an exciting programme of more than 40 sports and arts & crafts activities to children of all ages?
If you would like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Camp Manager, the Specialist Instructor (Lifeguard) will have specific skills and qualifications as a Lifeguard (NPLQ or NaRS) and will be responsible for continually maintaining safety in and around the pool. When not on poolside they will be required to deliver a range of sports and arts & crafts activities to children of a variety of ages, backgrounds and abilities whilst catering for their individual needs.
- Risk assess and manage poolside safety before, after and during all swim sessions
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure the children in your care have a fun & stimulating time in a safe environment
- Plan and deliver a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered through active supervision and care throughout the day including breaks and lunch times
- Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources through adhoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
Days: Monday – Friday during school holidays (part seasons considered).
Hours: 8am – 5.30pm / 8.30am – 6pm dependent on shift with a half hour unpaid lunch break
Selection & Appointment Process: Short listed candidates will be invited to a telephone interview and if selected will be required to complete the Super Camps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and DBS Status.
- Relevant Lifeguard qualification (Lifeguard – NPLQ/NaRS) with experience in specialist area
- Ideally qualified or studying towards a sports/coaching, creative, teaching/childcare qualification
- Previous experience working with children
- Enthusiastic and organised with excellent communication skills
- Energetic and outgoing with good use of initiative
- Flexible, team player willing to take on various tasks as required
Selection and Appointment Process:
If your online application form is short listed you will be contacted by the Super Camps HR team who will speak to you further about your experiences. If selected, you will be required to complete an online test based on our online training programme. Following this you will be required to attend an unpaid Central Training and Assessment Day based at various locations.