During School Holidays - Half Terms, Easter, Summer and Christmas
Are you interested in gaining experience within the UK’s number one company for childcare during the school holidays? Do you have what it takes to manage a team of instructors to work with children of all ages? Are you confident you could deliver and exceptional camp experience to hundreds of children and their parents?
If you would like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, the role of the Camp Manager is to manage and support all staff, resources and processes to ensure the smooth running of a Super Camps venue and all of its programmes. As the main point of contact on camp for all staff, children, parents and host venue contacts this role is paramount to the success of Super Camps.
- Manage, direct and support staff to ensure they adhere to processes and procedures whilst the children in the care of Super Camps continually have a fun, stimulating and safe time
- Ensure that quality programmes across the brands are planned and delivered with structure and enthusiasm by staff at all times
- Liaise with parents in person and by phone with regard to the children's needs and feedback on any issues which arise
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources by managing your staff team and ensuring cleanliness and safety at all times
- Prepare and lead a Camp Induction and Training Day ensuring your camp, equipment and staff are ready for the first day of the season
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children are well-catered for through active supervision and care throughout the day including breaks and lunch times
- Manage daily administration including sign in/out of children, timetabling and allocation of staff to timetabled activities plus other adhoc duties as required
Days: Monday – Friday during school holidays
Hours: 8am – 6pm with a half hour unpaid lunch break
Selection & Appointment Process: Short listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview and if selected will be required to complete the Super Camps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and DBS Status.
It is essential that candidates:
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry preferably in a senior or managerial role
- Are highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment acting as a strong role model for both staff and children
- Have proven experience in problem solving, planning and organisation
- Have strong IT skills and administrative expertise
- Are highly organised with superb communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
- Are able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
- Have strong leadership and management skills and experience leading a team
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Are qualified in teaching in the UK or have relevant childcare or coaching qualifications
- Hold a 12 hour paediatric first aid qualification
- Hold a previous DBS check which is registered on the DBS Update Service
- Have experience delivering a high standard of Customer Service
- Are experienced in providing training and/or mentoring
- Have knowledge and previous training in safeguarding and child protection
- Have experience working within a camp environment or similar