Mountain Rooms & Chalets
Val d’Isere, French Alps
Competitive salary + accommodation + ski insurance + Espace Killy lift pass + ski hire + flights
November 27th 2013
We are recruiting cooks/chefs for next season. If you are a cook or chef and looking to work a winter in one of the worlds best ski resorts, please read the job description below.
- To manage the changeover of weekly clients and the work associated with arrival and departure of clients.
- To liaise with clients on arrival, during their stay and on departure.
- To cook for clients who have paid for a ‘scatered’ holiday to include breakfast, afternoon tea, 3 course evening meal.
- To clean for clients who have paid for a ‘scatered’ holiday on a daily basis.
- To manage a ‘scatered’ budget and produce accounts for ‘scatered’ weeks.
We are slightly different from other operators in that we issue our menus to clients prior to arrival. This is to allow them to choose their 3 evening meals for our scatered service and wine prior to arrival. They have a choice so we produce menus that include a choice of 6 modern menus and 6 traditional.
You therefore get to cook a variety of dishes and we always welcome your input on menu ideas.
QUALITY OF FOOD
We have one of the highest food budgets in Val to ensure we can provide some of the best food on the market. Our menus steer clear of meat, two veg and a heavy sauce. We offer more innovative menus presented to the highest standards. We can buy good cuts of meet, fresh bakery items for breakfast, good quality orange juice and cereals, plenty of fruit for breakfast and superior wine. This all means you get to work in a positive environment with happy clients.
- Recognised catering qualification and experience;
- Have worked in a kitchen at a professional level;
- Team player;
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Happy to clean as well as cook.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.