Competitive salary + free accommodation + medical insurance + travel to and from resort + equipment hire + lift pass
Do you enjoy cooking and looking after people? Do you want to be part of a team working for a small family company and not one of the larger companies? If the answer is yes then you may want one of our Chalet Host positions. If you are a single you can look after one of our smaller chalets and if you are a Couple then you can look after one of our larger chalets.
We have a number of different types of chalets ranging from our “classic” chalets through to our premium chalets and then on to our Flagship luxury chalets so we have positions available in each one of these options depending upon your experience and catering ability.
Even if you are running one of our smaller catered chalets by yourself you will also be part of our overall team and we have positions available in La Plagne 1800, La Rosiere or Courchevel. Although our chalet hosts do not need to be professional chefs you must be able to cook high quality meals for up to 10 guests in one go if running one of our smaller chalets or up to 16 people if running one of our larger chalets as part of a Chalet Hosts couple.
Of equal importance to the catering is your ability to welcome the guests, creating a warm friendly atmosphere whilst undertaking the important task of keeping the chalet clean and tidy to an excellent standard. In return for your hard work you will get a very competitive salary and should be able to ski/ board on 4 to 5 days per week.
- Provide all meals to a very high standard, 6 days per week including breakfast, afternoon tea, children's high teas (if applicable) and a 3 or 4 course dinner (taking account of any special requirements such as vegetarian meals and allergies etc.)
- Presenting all meals in a careful and imaginative way
- Serving, clearing away and washing up
- Planning and shopping for food
- Be responsible for ensuring that all budgets are adhered to and that all financial records are maintained for inspection
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and presentation of the chalets
- Highly competitive salary paid in the UK
- Food Excellent accommodation in either a shared apartment (maximum 2 to a room) or within the chalet in your own bedroom
- Lift pass (paid at the end of the season)
- Equipment rental for the season
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the contract
- Medical and accident insurance
- One full day off per week
- Plenty of piste time!
Skills and Experience Required:
- Good team player
- Catering experience essential
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
- An outgoing personality, good with people from all walks of life and differing nationalities
- Ability to cook high quality meals under a strict budget for a number of people sometimes with differing dietary requirements
- Ability to work very hard all season whilst remaining cheerful and courteous to all guests (even difficult ones!)
- To be clean, tidy and cheerful (as you are representing the company)
- You must be able to ski/snowboard
All applicants must be in possession of an EU passport and an existing permanent UK National Insurance number. Due to motor insurance requirements, only applicants ov