PGL is the UK's market leading provider of activity holidays and study courses for young people.
Based at our Head Office in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, our Ski & Overseas Adventure department is a small, well established team who work closely to support each other during the busy operating seasons. The team handle sales and bookings for both new and retained groups wishing to travel with us to our wide catalogue of ski destinations.
As a Tour Organiser you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the trip for our customers and retaining them once they have travelled with us.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing a high level of customer service to our travelling customers;
- Booking all aspects of a groups stay – accommodation, transport and all ski related add ons;
- Generating quotes for new customers and tailor made quotes for specific requests;
- Coordinate all ski course arrangements from time of booking to departure;
- Maintaining contact with groups during their trip;
- Chasing customers for overdue payments;
- Undertaking educational visits to site to improve knowledge of resorts and hotels;
- Providing emergency cover to groups when they’re in resort;
- Maintaining accurate record of each enquiry/booking using the computer based systems;
- Meeting key performance indicators to ensure that individual performance targets are met;
- Supplying customers with all the information they require regarding their prospective holiday in a timely manner;
- Handling telephone calls and correspondence for schools and group bookings;
- Help teachers to overcome issues as they launch their trip to ensure that the maximum number of trips go ahead.
In addition the candidate will move over to the PGL’s International Team after ski groups have returned from Easter trips until the end of August. They will continue with many of the duties above, but will be looking after international groups via agents and the Overseas Development Team. Both roles require similar skill sets with the ability to support sales staff to win business and then to provide all the necessary administration to efficiently operate the course. This offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to expand their knowledge over a new product.
We’re looking for somebody with experience in a customer service role who has a passion for delivering a great product.
The role is full time, 37.5 hours per week working from 08:30 – 17.00 or 9:00 – 17:30. Occasional weekend cover and occasional weekend course attendance is expected. The basic salary is enhanced by a commission and bonus scheme on achievement of set targets.
If you would like to apply for this role, click Apply Now for details on how to apply.
The closing date for this application is: 23th July 2014.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this position. PGL is committed to the principle of equality and diversity. We welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.