Rockley Watersports - Poole Park
Competitive Salary, Access to training
Flexible Start Dates - March / April
Potential for a 12 month contract for the right candidate
Rockley Waterposrts are looking to employ a suitably experienced, enthusiastic, hard working, individual to undertake the Chief Instructor role at our Rockley Poole Park Center for the 2015 Season.
Rockley’s Poole Park Center is based on a large salt-water lake in Poole Town Center, offering everything from Taster sessions in Sailing, Windsurfing and Paddle Sport, RYA course for schools, and hiring of equipment. As a senior member of staff you will be required to organize and oversee the running of a variety of sessions, as well as supporting the Center Manager with other tasks around the center. You will be assisting with the running of the center on a day-to-day basis, organizing staff and activities as well as taking the lead on a number of sessions. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, be conscientious and must show initiative. You will need to be a motivated,flexible and professional person and who will lead by example.
Duties Will Include:
Accommodation and food can be provided off site, at out other Rockley Point Center.
- Supervise all courses & activities making sure that all paperwork is complete.
- Fleet leading sessions.
- Provide advice and assistance to less experienced instructors both on and off the water.
- Running the center in the absence of the Center Manager.
- Organizing staff on a daily basis.
- Liaising with teachers & parents.
- Assisting with the maintenance and upkeep of the center and equipment.
Applicants must hold:
Ideally you will also hold one or more of the following instructor qualifications.
- RYA Senior Instructor (Dinghy) -
- RYA Start Windsurfing (At minimum)
We require you to have previous experience working in the waterports industry.
- UKCC Level 1
- BSUPA Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
You must hold a full UK driving licence and be computer literate.