Venues across the South West
During School Holidays - Half Terms, Easter, Summer and Christmas
Are you interested in gaining experience within the UK’s number one company for childcare during the school holidays? Do you have what it takes to deliver a range of sports activities to children of all ages?
If you would like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to your Camp Manager, a Sports Instructor will be assigned to lead a group of children through a range of different activities, focusing heavily on sports. Sports Instructors will be required to adapt their skills and experiences to working with children of a variety of ages, backgrounds and abilities whilst catering for their individual needs.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure the children in your care have a fun & stimulating time in a safe environment
- Plan and deliver a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered through active supervision and care throughout the day including breaks and lunch times
- Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources through adhoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
Days: Monday – Friday during school holidays (part seasons considered).
Hours: 8am – 5.30pm / 8.30am – 6pm dependent on shift with a half hour unpaid lunch break
Selection & Appointment Process: Short listed candidates will be invited to a telephone interview and if selected will be required to complete the Super Camps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and DBS Status.
It is essential that candidates:
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Are highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment
- Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry and are capable of leading a group of children
- Are highly organised with superb communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
- Have experience and interest in coaching sports
- Are able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Are qualified or studying towards a relevant teaching or sports coaching qualification
- Hold a 12 hr paediatric first aid qualification
- Hold a previous DBS check which is registered on the DBS Update Service
- Have knowledge and previous training in safeguarding and child protection
- Have experience working within a camp environment or similar