The role of the Camp Manager is to manage and support all staff, resources and processes to ensure the smooth running of a Super Camps venue and all of its programmes. This role is paramount to the success of the camps.
Reporting to your Regional Manager, description of responsibilities as follows:
- Manage, direct and support staff to ensure they adhere to processes and procedures whilst the children in the care of Super Camps continually have a fun, stimulating and safe time.
- Ensure that quality programmes across the brands are planned and delivered with structure and enthusiasm by staff at all times.
- Liaise with parents in person and by phone with regard to the children's needs and feedback on any issues which arise
- Continually show respect for your Host venue by managing your staff team and ensuring cleanliness and safety at all times
- Liaise with Head Office, your Regional Manager and Host venue representatives with updates and queries
- Prepare and lead your venue Specific Training and Set Up day (prior training offered) ensuring your site, equipment and staff are ready for the first day of camp
- Manage daily administration including sign in/out of children, grouping of children into groups, timetabling and allocation ofstaff to timetabled activities plus other adhoc duties as required
- Manage and support new starters
- Effectively deal with the often unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
£400 - £525 per week depending on qualifications and
8am – 6pm (Monday – Friday with a half hour unpaid lunch break)
School holidays. Part seasons considered
On appointment all staff will be expected to complete a CRB disclosure and supply us with references