Venues across the South West
During School Holidays - Half Terms, Easter, Summer and Christmas
Are you interested in gaining experience within the UK’s number one company for childcare during the school holidays? Do you have what it takes to a range of activities to our youngest members of camp? Do you have the knowledge to ensure correct delivery of the EYFS on our camps?
If you would like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment we may have the perfect opportunity
The role of the Early Years Manager is to deliver the EYFS on camp. Working alongside and reporting to the Camp Manager you will be the primary contact for the younger children and their parents during their time at Super Camps.
You will be required to adapt your skills and experiences to working with children of a variety of backgrounds and abilities whilst catering for their individual needs.
- Take responsibility for all duties associated with the delivery of the EYFS on camp
- Set up and maintain a suitable Base Room/Area that is suitable and inviting for the children and parents
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure the children in your care have a fun & stimulating time in a safe environment
- Plan and deliver a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered through active supervision and care throughout the day including breaks and lunch times
- Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources through adhoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
- Offer support and guidance to a small team of Early Years Instructors
- Working with your Camp Manager ensure that your Super Camps venue is fully OFSTED compliant
Days: Monday – Friday during school holidays (part seasons considered).
Hours: 8am – 5.30pm with a half hour unpaid lunch break
Selection & Appointment Process: Short listed candidates will be invited to a telephone interview and if selected will be required to complete the Super Camps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and DBS Status.
It is essential that candidates:
- Are educated to degree level or minimum Level 3 in Early Years, Childcare or other relevant subject. UK primary teaching qualifications would also be valid if candidate possesses relevant experience within the Early Years age range
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Are knowledgeable and experienced working with the EYFS
- Have experience with working with 4 and 5 year old children
- Are enthusiastic, caring and organised with excellent communication skills and good sense of initiative
- Have Experience and interest in sports, play and arts
- Are able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Hold a 12 hour paediatric first aid qualification
- Hold a previous DBS check which is registered on the DBS Update Service
- Have knowledge and previous training in safeguarding and child protection
- Have previous managerial/mentoring experience
- Have previous experience working towards OFSTED requirements
- Have experience working within a camp environment or similar