Stafford House Study Holidays
London- Brunel University
£475 per week + full board and accommodation included + holidays pay + bonus
12th June to the 4th August
Stafford House Study Holidays is a division of Cambridge Education
Group, and is a British Council accredited organisation offering summer residential courses for young learners of English coming from overseas.
We are recruiting staff for our summer centres, located at university
campuses and private schools around the country. We offer good rates of pay for non-residential and residential staff, including accommodation and full board if required. More importantly we offer fair and supportive working conditions.
The Excursions and Activities Manager has overall responsibility for the implementation and smooth running of the activities and excursions programme, with special responsibility for the excursions and activities. An outlined social programme is prepared by Head Office and coordinated by the Activities Manager. You will be assisted by the Assistant Activities Manager who will be responsible for on-site activities and Senior Activities Leaders. The role is a management position and you should expect a demanding workload. This is a residential position, and duties will include supervision of students in the residences.
The Excursions and Activities Manager (EAM) needs to establish a working atmosphere of co-operation, fun and enthusiasm between staff, clients (Group Leaders) and students. A sound knowledge of the local area and its attractions should be gained prior to commencement of contract. Also, as a member of the Centre Management Team (CMT), the AM is required to work closely with the Centre Director and the Director of Studies to:
• Deliver a high quality activities and excursions programme ensuring activities comply with British Council and English UK guidelines.
• Manage the Assistant Activity Manager and Activities team. This means motivating all staff and overseeing their designated tasks, referring any issues regarding teaching staff to the Director of Studies.
• Ensure a high level of student and staff participation in activities through motivation, organisation and supervision.
• Ensure that activities and excursions are run according to Stafford House Study Holidays’ procedures and rules.
• Confirm all facilities and booking details with the centre and external suppliers, such as attractions and coaches.
Previous supervisory/management experience in a Summer School setting preferred. Ability to organise and motivate a large team of activity leaders. Sports coaching or arts and crafts teaching experience an advantage.
If you are successful at interview, Stafford House may carry out the following checks:-
• apply for an enhanced CRB check prior to your appointment.
• request a reference from your last two employers including whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where there is responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
• ask you to explain any gaps in your CV.