Join our Stewarding Team at the Kia Oval as SIA Safety Steward and be part of the exciting 2013 cricket season in which the Kia Oval will host five ICC Championship Trophy Games, two International T20 matches and the final Ashes Test.
Our Stewarding Team is responsible for maintaining customer safety and providing outstanding customer service to all guests, members, players, media and staff who enter the venue.
We have several positions available and you can specify your preferred area of work in the application form, choosing from the following areas of work:
It is a requirement for you to have, or be working towards, a NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent) qualification in Spectator Safety. If you don’t have this qualification and are willing to attend a training course to obtain it, you can specify this when you apply. For this SIA role you must also have an SIA - Door Supervisor License. Further job specific training will be provided at The Oval and is compulsory.
We are looking for staff that are proactive, enthusiastic and have excellent communication skills. You are reliable and are prepared to work long hours with occasional early starts and late finishes. You will also take a direct interest in the health and safety of yourself and all customers.
Now recruiting for shifts from May till September so if you are looking for casual work during the summer months, please click to apply.
The requirements of this position include:
- Taking instruction from management.
- Working as part of a team.
- Being punctual and presentable.
- Being able to work over night.
- Availability to work all Domestic Twenty 20 fixtures, plus international matches on 19th June (ODI) July 1st (ODI) July 19th - 23rd (Test Match) August 31st (ODI)
Those employed in this position will:
- Maintain the highest standard of personal presentation.
- Be enthusiastic and encouraging.
- Work well under pressure.
- Work hard and effectively.